Brooke Fink |Legal Practice Assistant
201.489.3000 ext. 5097
Jason Finkelstein, a member of the firm’s Litigation, Construction, Employment, Real Estate, and White Collar Criminal Defense and Government Investigations Departments.
Jason practices before the state, federal and bankruptcy courts of New Jersey and New York, as well as in a variety of commercial arbitration, regulatory and administrative venues.
Known as a versatile litigator, skilled negotiator and trusted counselor, Jason’s clients value his approachable manner and dedication to their success both inside and outside the courtroom.
Jason’s experience includes complex commercial litigation in the commercial/retail real estate and construction sectors, shareholder and partnership disputes, and employment actions, including matters involving wage and hour, discrimination, non-compete and trade secret issues. At Cole Schotz, Jason has been at the forefront of the e-discovery practice which allows him to provide a range of information governance and discovery solutions to his clients.
Examples of Jason’s experience include:
- Representing 300+ Bergen County-based homeowners in complex real estate dispute raising a multitude of real estate, corporate and environmental issues;
- Representing and counseling New Jersey-based commercial real estate brokerage firm in a variety of broker-related disputes;
- Representing New York real estate investment and operating company with portfolio of over $2.5 billion assets under management (AUM) in real estate litigation matters in New York state and bankruptcy courts;
- Representing and counseling developer and operator of an over one million square foot industrial park in Rockland County, NY in development-related litigation matters and partnership/membership disputes;
- Representing New York-based middle-market real estate bridge lending group in borrower and mezzanine lender loan workouts;
- Representing specialty food market in Bergen County, NJ in land use and real estate litigation matters;
- Representing California-based real estate investment firm engaged in real estate investment management, leasing and property management services in connection with contested lease assignment litigation pending in St. Louis, MO;
- Representing New York City construction company in a variety of wage and hour, Department of Labor and OSHA matters;
- Representing aggrieved minority shareholder in complex dispute with majority shareholders concerning ownership and operations of Paterson, NJ manufacturing company.
Networks & Affiliations
Professionally, Jason is an active member of the Bergen County Bar Association and Bergen County Bar Foundation. He is also on the Board of Trustees for both the Bergen County Bar Association and the Bergen County Bar Foundation. He also sits on the State of New Jersey’s Committee on Character. Outside of the office, Jason is also a member of the New Jersey Next Generation Committee for ICSC (the International Council of Shopping Centers) as well as a member of the Editorial Board for ICSC’s Shopping Center Legal Update. Jason also proudly sits on the Board of Trustees for Special Olympics New Jersey.
Jason earned his J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. While in law school, he served as a summer clerk for the late Judge John E. Sprizzo of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. He currently serves as an executive committee member for Cardozo’s New Jersey Alumni Association.
Prior to law school, Jason earned his B.A. summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Muhlenberg College. At Muhlenberg, he earned First Team Academic All-America honors as a Track & Field athlete and was the recipient of a prestigious NCAA post-graduate scholarship. Jason currently serves his alma mater on the Muhlenberg Alumni Board, as the Northern New Jersey Regional Alumni Club leader and as a member of the Athletics Hall of Fame Committee, among other volunteer roles.
Honors & Awards
Since 2017, Jason has been selected annually to the New Jersey Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list, an honor given for exhibiting excellence in practice. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.