We represent a diverse group of companies and individuals, from all industries, in business disputes in state and federal court litigation, from pre-trial discovery and motions through trial and appeal, as well as in resolving those disputes in mediation and arbitration.
We have vast experience in identifying, seeking, and obtaining the necessary and proper legal and equitable relief and remedies required by our clients, including, but not limited to, temporary restraining orders, preliminary and permanent injunctions, declaratory judgments, specific performance, and monetary damages.
Commercial & Business Litigation
We represent and advise clients with regard to:
- Shareholder, partner, member and other corporate governance disputes
- Contract disputes
- Claims of unfair competition and tortious interference
- Claims involving violation or enforcement of rights under various state and federal statutes (including issues involving consumer protection, franchises, securities, racketeering (RICO), antitrust, trademark, copyright and patent infringement)
- Claims of fraud, whether securities, lender, consumer or business fraud
- Numerous other types of inter- and intra-company disputes
Our attorneys have deep experience in successfully handling business disputes across a broad range of industries, including:
- Automobile (including car dealerships)
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Corporate Finance
- Environmental Services
- Food and Beverage
- Private Equity, Venture Capital and Investment Management
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Transportation and Logistics
Business Owner Disputes
Business owners are no strangers to discord and disagreement. At times, conflict may be avoided through mediation, arbitration, or amendment of the entity’s business agreements. When this is not possible, our business litigation attorneys possess the practical and broad-based experience to help our clients resolve their disputes, and when necessary, protect their rights in court.
We understand that no two businesses are alike, and that owner disputes require innovative solutions and extensive knowledge of our clients’ business history and future goals. We also are acutely aware of the challenges facing closely-held business owners, including claims of minority oppression and deadlock. With a dedication to understanding the intricacies of our clients’ businesses and a firm focus on our clients’ objectives, we tailor our services accordingly to achieve the most favorable outcome.
In the buy-out context, our business litigators are skilled at working with forensic valuation experts and accountants to consider the appropriate valuation methodology and the applicability of discounts or premiums.
Directors & Officers Liability
During the past several decades, class action and derivative lawsuits against corporations and their officers and boards of directors have become commonplace.
In response to the frequency of such claims, large and small companies, whether corporations, partnerships or limited liability companies, often purchase directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance to provide personal financial protection to its leaders, if and when they are sued in conjunction with the discharge of their corporate duties.
The firm’s D&O liability practice group represents D&O liability insurers, their insured companies, and directors and officers in defense of claims involving breaches of fiduciary and other corporate duties, and claims arising under intellectual property, white collar, employment, environmental, and securities laws. The firm’s D&O group offers invaluable direction on how best to protect against, and respond to, liability issues in all such matters.
Our D&O practice group also has established a proven track record defending corporate directors and officers in high-stakes, complex securities and class action matters. The firm’s representation of a wide range of clients, both as corporate counsel and as assigned counsel for executive risk providers, protects directors and officers from vulnerabilities that may arise from the very qualities and activities – development of business strategy, exercise of business judgment, innovation, and creativity – they are hired to promote and perform within their organizations.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Construction Disputes & Litigation
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Corporate Litigation
- Delaware Chancery Court Litigation
- eDiscovery Services
- Employment Litigation
- Environmental Litigation & Cost Recovery
- Financial Services Litigation
- Negligence and Liability Claims
- Patent Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Surety and Insurance
- Professional Services Litigation
- Trademark Litigation & Brand Enforcement
- Trusts & Estates Litigation, Guardianships and Fiduciary Counseling
- White Collar Litigation