Our Community Outreach Committee received a Good Business Award from the Northern New Jersey Business Volunteer Council for its Outstanding Employee Volunteer Corps. The award is presented to the volunteer leadership team that achieves significant impact on company volunteer activities throughout the year.
It takes a village
Our communities play a pivotal role in shaping our firm, molding our attorneys and making an everlasting imprint on our firm culture. Just as we have been shaped by our surroundings, we seek to leave an influential mark on our neighborhoods. We work to develop deeper relationships with our communities by working individually and collectively to understand the needs of the individuals, businesses and organizations surrounding where we work and live.
Here is a sampling of our community support:
- Volunteer Center of Bergen County: Programs including Books in a Bag, Brown Bag Buddies, Tools for School, and All Wrapped Up Holiday Giving Program
- Bergen County Housing, Health & Human Services Center: Serving food through Project Homeless Connect
- Dress for Success: Donation of business clothing to help low-income individuals transition to the workforce
- Food Bank of NYC: Collection of food and funds for the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs
- New York Cares: Collection of winter coats and school supplies for children as well as monetary support to this volunteer corps that meets pressing community needs
- Holley Child Care and Development Center: Volunteering time to lead children through activities such as birdhouse painting, pumpkin decorating and bowling
- Homeless Persons Representation Project: Providing free legal representation to Baltimore residents who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Delaware Combined Campaign for Justice: Providing legal aid to the people of Delaware
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County: Providing equal access to the judicial system to the disadvantaged living in Palm Beach County