Litigation is time consuming, disruptive, and expensive. These matters can be volatile in nature, embarrassingly public, and leave you feeling vulnerable.
We approach employment litigation with the utmost professionalism and sensitivity.
Strategy is key
To minimize emotional and financial strains on your company, we partner with your in-house representatives to evaluate the risks that come with litigation, assess the most advantageous outcomes for your business, and then formulate a plan that helps you reach your goals.
Your optimal outcome
We evaluate all options to avoid litigation, however when a dispute arises, you can rely on our relentless advocacy, creative strategies, and commitment to reaching your best-possible outcome. We handle employment-related disputes in and out of court, as well as those asserted in administrative proceedings and arbitrations.
We defend employers against the following types of claims:
- Failure to accommodate or provide statutory leave
- Breach of contract
- Wrongful discharge
- Wage and hour
- Pay equity
We represent both employers and individuals in pursuing and defending against:
- Claims of unfair competition
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Restrictive covenant violations, including non-compete and non-solicitation obligations
- Intentional interference with business/contractual relations
We appear regularly in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies, such as:
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- N.J. Division on Civil Rights
- N.Y. Division of Human Rights
- N.Y.C. Commission on Human Rights
- N.Y.C. Department of Consumer and Worker Protection
- Various state and federal Departments of Labor
We also have extensive class and collective action experience in areas such as discrimination and wage and hour claims. Many of our employment professionals have been members in the prestigious Sidney Reitman Employment Law Inn of Court, the first Inn of Court in the nation that focuses exclusively on labor and employment law issues.