White collar criminal investigations, alleged misconduct and regulatory inquires often arise without warning. They have a direct, immediate, and significant impact on individuals, families, and companies. Allegations of wrongdoing have an existential threat on a business, its people, revenue, and its role in the marketplace. Similarly, allegations against an individual carry with it potentially life altering consequences and threats to one’s personal liberty.
In order to mitigate these impacts, you need counsel that listens, secures and evaluates facts, assesses legal issues, then pivots to see the road ahead, while crafting an individualized strategy, and determined method for its execution.
When called into action, our White Collar and Government Enforcement attorneys respond with a focus on mastering the facts, witnesses, evidence and client-centric objectives, facilitating government inquires and internal investigations. At our core, our attorneys strive to provide trustworthy, concise and reliable advice for the myriad of challenging issues often at play.
Chaired by a highly regarded, former federal prosecutor with an understanding of how investigations are initiated, structured, pursued, as well as resulting prosecution considerations, our clients benefit from our team’s real-world investigation and trial experience earned over decades in courts throughout the country. We are trial lawyers who have battled in the legal trenches and have the experience and insight to show for it.
Clients come to us when they find themselves in precarious positions and at a moment of true need. We are confident in our ability to handle a full range of government investigative, regulatory and enforcement actions, including those that hold the highest degree of financial, business, and personal risk. Our priority is to help clients avoid significant economic damage, potential criminal exposure, and negative publicity that often trails criminal or enforcement proceedings.
You want us in your corner
Our experience is extensive. Our approach is calculated, clinical, and our bite, when necessary, is fierce. In addition to government investigations and white-collar defense representations, we handle ethics, whistleblower and compliance-related inquires, applying strategies that help mitigate risk to the company or individual. We are driven to defend clients so they can refocus back to their business while the material risk to them has been diffused.
Confronting such heavily regulated areas requires the confidence and foresight that our team possesses.
We handle matters before agencies and regulators such as:
- Criminal, Civil and Antitrust Divisions of the Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Department of Defense (DoD)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Offices of Inspector General at federal, state and local levels
- State attorneys general and various state enforcement agencies
We provide counsel on a variety of statutes and regulations including:
- False Claims Act (FCA)
- Food Drug and Cosmetics Act (FDCA)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA)
- Computer Crime and Abuse Act
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Anti-Kickback Act
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Securities laws
- Government contracting regulations