Ruth Chave |Legal Practice Assistant
201.489.3000 ext. 5027
David Borsack is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Transactions Department and is based in the New York office.
Prior to pursuing a legal career, David was an associate in the Investment Management group at PricewaterhouseCoopers where he advised a variety of Private Equity and Hedge Funds. While at PricewaterhouseCoopers, David earned his CPA license and now leverages his past experience as an accountant to quickly understand his client’s financial situation as seen by his representation of clients in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, entity formation, joint ventures, credit facilities and other general business matters including representing clients in connection with developing strategies pertaining to activism investing and takeovers.
Some of David’s recent representations include:
- Represented a number of investment funds (including real estate and digital assets) with their formation, fundraising, and governance matters
- Represented multiple cannabis companies with their formation, fundraising, and governance matters
- Represented a number of early stage companies in a multitude of industries (including e-commerce, social media, fintech, and digital assets) in entity formation, fundraising, and governance matters
- Represented multiple restaurant groups with their formation, expansion, fundraising, and governance matters.
- Represented Modera Wealth Management, an investment adviser with over $2.3 billion in assets under management in a variety of acquisitions and corporate governance matters
- Represented America Media in several acquisitions and divestitures of various publications
- Represented a private real estate fund in a variety of transactions including a joint venture transaction involving over $1.5 billion of assets
- Represented HR Acuity in connection with a minority growth equity investment from Growth Street Partners
- Represented Delos Capital in a variety of acquisition transactions
- Represented multiple clients in obtaining credit facilities
David earned his M.S. in Accounting, B.S. in Finance, and B.S. in Accounting in addition to minors in Legal Environment of Business and International Business from Pennsylvania State University, and his J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. During law school, David served as a staff editor and was elected to be the Managing Editor of the Arts and Entertainment Journal and was published for his note on the NFL Franchise Tag.
David was a member of the LawMeets Transactional Law competition team, which won best contract draft at the regional competition; served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Charles E. Ramos; and as part of the Pro Bono Scholars Program was a full time volunteer at the Bankruptcy Assistance Project. David currently serves as a board member of the Legacy College Prep charter school.