Arnold P. Picinich is an associate in the firm’s Litigation, Employment and Constructions Departments.
During his time with the firm, he has represented large and small businesses in a variety of commercial and employment disputes. Arnold has helped resolve numerous disputes both prior to and during litigation, and understands the need to vigorously advocate for his client to achieve the best resolution available.
Arnold also has extensive experience in estate litigation – having represented both fiduciaries and beneficiaries – and has helped favorably resolve multiple estate disputes through alternative dispute resolution.
In addition, Arnold is a member of the firm’s Employment Department. In this role, Arnold has counseled numerous clients regarding employment law and compliance matters, and routinely assists clients with the administration of employment policies and handbooks. He has also helped draft and negotiate several employment contracts on behalf of his clients.
Some of his experience includes:
- Represented a large electrical contractor in a multi-million dollar construction delay claim in New York’s Commercial Division
- Defended a real estate developer against claims from a business affiliate for an equity interest in a real estate development project
- Defended numerous small businesses in both New York and New Jersey against wage and hour claims asserted by current and former employees
- Defended a New York employer against claims of discrimination in the Southern District of New York
- Defended a chain restaurant against a claim for disability discrimination, and ultimately helped negotiate a favorable settlement with the New Jersey Division of Civil Rights
- Defended a large food distributor in a restrictive covenant dispute
- Represented a car dealership in the opening of a default judgment entered against it in the New Jersey Superior Court two years earlier, and successfully achieved dismissal of the complaint
- Ongoing representation of a minority shareholder in a complex minority oppression dispute regarding the transfer and sale of retail property in Soho
- Ongoing representation of a large New Jersey employer in a class action lawsuit for unpaid wages
Networks & Affiliations
Arnold is an active member of the Bergen County Bar Association and the Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court. He also coaches Interscholastic Moot Court teams for Seton Hall Law.
Arnold earned his Bachelor of Science from the University of Connecticut in 2012, and his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2016. Upon graduation, Arnold was also made a member of The Order of The Coif, an honor society for law school graduates who graduate in the top ten percent of their class.
While in law school, Arnold was an Articles Editor for the Seton Hall Law Review and a member of the Interscholastic Moot Court Board. As a member of the Moot Court Board, Arnold was a finalist in the Southern Illinois National Health Law Moot Court Competition and a regional champion in the ABA National Moot Court Competition.