Government Investigations & Charges
When it comes to employment law compliance, businesses and individuals face increasingly aggressive government enforcement, investigations, and prosecutions.
Disputes formerly handled through civil or regulatory processes can now result in intrusive criminal investigations, criminal liability for your company’s officers and directors, and considerable sanctions for your business.
Your risk, mitigated
We apply our astute reasoning and technique to mitigate the risk of investigation and prosecution, diffuse civil and criminal threats to the company and its officers and directors, and handle the negative publicity that comes with a government investigation. We craft individualized compliance programs designed to prevent potential problems from arising and, when necessary, develop and implement defense strategies to blunt government allegations.
We regularly represent clients in connection with investigations launched by:
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and related State agencies
- New Jersey Department of Labor
- New Jersey Division on Civil Rights
- New York Department of Labor
- New York Division of Human Rights
- New York City Commission on Human Rights
- New York City Department of Consumer Affairs
- Several other similar State agencies
In the event that an investigation takes an unexpected turn for the worse, we have the ability and advantage to call upon our trusted colleagues within the White Collar Practice to step in and share the reins.