As an organization and as advisors, we recognize and appreciate the intrinsic value of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We partner with your organization’s key stakeholders to audit DEI practices and initiatives, identifying areas of strength for continued evolution and gaps where there is a need for enhancement and guidance.
An extension of your team
Our attorneys are experienced in working with clients to advance their DEI initiatives. Given the increasing scrutiny of DEI practices, we carry out this meaningful work with an eye toward safeguarding the ideals of our clients’ organizations while maintaining synchrony with the constantly developing employment law landscape.
The Future is Diverse
As businesses continue to prioritize and strengthen their diverse workforces, the Cole Schotz team is poised to help you ensure your workplace is one where all employees can thrive.
We advise clients in the development and implementation of DEI-informed practices and policies, including:
- Attracting and Retaining Diverse Talent
- Equitable Interviewing and Onboarding Processes
- Employee Affinity or Resource Groups
- Mentorship and Sponsorship Programs
- DEI Education and Programming
- Internal/External Communications
- DEI and Social Media Policies
- Pay Equity
- Employee Feedback Mechanisms
Conducting effective employee training programs plays a large role in shaping company culture while at the same time mitigating risk for legal exposure. We take the time to understand your organization by engaging in a comprehensive review of all current DEI efforts and messaging. This allows us to curate trainings and programs to foster a culture of success with your specific needs in mind while also balancing the requirements of applicable federal and state law. Our approach is intentionally tailored to each client and varies based on an employee’s role within the organization, focusing on all aspects of DEI, including those beyond the legally protected characteristics.
Thoughtful DEI practices can advance your business goals, provide your employees with necessary tools when approaching challenges in a culturally competent manner, promote talent acquisition, enable employee retention, and lower employee turnover rates and the associated costs and headaches. Additionally, DEI practices often produce healthier, more productive work environments while mitigating liability for claims of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
Education is power
Our menu of current training offerings include:
- Leadership Development
- Implementing DEI Initiatives and Programs
- Fostering an Inclusive Workplace Environment
- Developing Employee Onboarding Processes
- Inclusivity Training and Professional Development
- The What, Why and How of Sponsorship and Mentorship
- Educational Programming around Cultural and Heritage Months