Patent Portfolio Management
Our team includes patent prosecutors experienced in all phases of patent prosecution, including ex parte reexamination, reissue, interference proceedings, and appeals to the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
We believe that taking an idea and turning it into a legally protected business asset requires attention to detail, a focus on quality, and a strategic vision for the way that idea-turned-asset will impact a business and its industry. These are the values that we deliver to you – our client.
Implementing your short- and long-term goals
We work with you to create economical patent strategies that link your patent properties to your business strategies and products. Together, we will create a strong, valuable, and sustainable portfolio. We cater to a diverse set of clients in a variety of industries – from international companies with large, international portfolios to the small business owner with a single business-altering idea.
Side-by-side and in the trenches with you
More than two-thirds of our IP attorneys have direct experience with patent dense industries such as chemicals, engineering, technology and healthcare. We leverage this hands-on practical industry experience for our clients. We also remain by your side throughout the entirety of our representation. Long conference calls and late nights do not deter us from thoroughly evaluating all elements of your inventions in order to ensure we are providing you with the best protection for your future goals.
Investor and company-side experience
Our experience includes:
- Assessing the applicability and business value of patents relative to your company’s products and operations
- Conduct periodic patent audits for large portfolios to determine whether any patents have outlived their business value in the market and no longer warrant continued expenditures
- Work with clients and their inventors from the earliest stage of development and help them with internal processes to identify, encourage, establish, and protect that innovation
- Render opinions on patentability, enforceability, non-infringement, invalidity, and freedom-to-operate issues
- Draft, file, and prosecute utility and design patent applications
- Assists clients on both the investor-side and the company-side with intellectual property due diligence, patent portfolio analysis, and commercial transactions
- Manage existing portfolios by seeking to maximize patent strength and value
Trial ready when necessary
Our team includes patent prosecutors experienced in all phases of patent prosecution, including ex parte reexamination, reissue, interference proceedings, and appeals to the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Our patent prosecution and litigation teams work closely together to conduct all phases of AIA trials including inter partes reviews (IPRs), post grant reviews (PGRs), and covered business method reviews (CBMs).
- Copyright & DMCA Litigation
- Licensing & Corporate Transactions
- Patent Litigation
- International Trade Commission Patent Litigation
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board Proceedings
- Patent Portfolio Management
- Trademark Litigation & Brand Enforcement
- Trademark Portfolio Management
- Brand Counseling & Strategy
- Trademark Trial & Appeal Board Proceedings
- Trade Secrets
- Assist a multinational organ and tissue bank with every aspect of its international patent portfolio. We work closely with our client’s research and development group to implement processes and strategies from creation through prosecution and enforcement. We also assist them after issuance with strategic partnerships.
- Advise private equity portfolio manager in connection with the analysis and exploitation of patents contained in their portfolio of companies.
- Represent fashion and jewelry designers with the prosecution and maintenance of their design patent portfolios.
- Represent an inventor with the successful prosecution of his patent for a motorcycle light.
- Advise financial services and consulting companies in connection with the viability of certain method patents related to their businesses.
Patent and Trademark Office Shutdown UpdateRead more