We understand our clients’ objectives and expectations and provide the technological and courtroom expertise to meet and exceed those expectations.
Protecting your ingenuity is essential to your continued competitive advantage.
We represent companies on both sides of the “v” and in bet-the-company litigation
Patents are potent business tools that allow innovators to establish exclusivity over products and processes, whether through licensing or litigation. The assertion of patents against a company can pose a serious risk. We are regularly called on to assert and defend patent assertions that can significantly impact our client’s businesses. We regularly take on the tough cases, with very effective results for our clients.
Experience in courts across the nation
We try cases across the country, including cases at the International Trade Commission (ITC) and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). We litigate from coast-to-coast including federal courts in California, New York, Florida, Delaware, Nevada, Colorado, Illinois, and Texas. Notably, the majority of our team is strategically located within two hours of Texas patent litigation hot-spots – Waco, Marshall, and Sherman.
Our team has deep experience in trying cases to verdict. We don’t just talk about patent litigation, we do it. Patent litigation accounts for 80% of our IP cases. Being both nimble and battle-tested, we represent both patent owners and defendants, as well as all types of clients, in significant patent litigation matters in the nation’s toughest litigation venues. With experience representing some of the largest companies in the world to individual inventors, we are invested in finding the winning strategy for your case.
We get technical to understand our clients’ needs and innovations. Hands-on practical industry experience is one of our key differentiators. More than two-thirds of our patent litigation attorneys have direct experience with industries that include semiconductors, video codec, SEP technologies, device management, power management technologies, IoT devices, oil and gas, pharma, and many others. Many of us pursued degrees and careers in such industries before beginning our law careers. Now, we leverage that experience for clients in some of their most challenging patent litigation matters.
We know our opponents’ playbooks and strategies before the case begins
Because we regularly appear on behalf of patent owners as well as companies accused of infringement, we understand and can anticipate our opponents’ playbook early on in the case. This enables us to craft strategies to efficiently navigate toward our clients’ end goal, whether that be a settlement, broader business resolution, or victory in court. Our balanced experience gives our clients an edge.
- Copyright & DMCA Litigation
- Licensing & Corporate Transactions
- Patent Litigation
- International Trade Commission Patent Litigation
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board Proceedings
- Patent Portfolio Management
- Trademark Litigation & Brand Enforcement
- Trademark Portfolio Management
- Brand Counseling & Strategy
- Trademark Trial & Appeal Board Proceedings
- Trade Secrets
- The team has represented multiple companies in the monetization of IP and secured significant deals for the section’s clients.
- Representing an IoT company in litigations across multiple venues in protecting the company’s market share as well as valuable IP.
- Representing a legendary inventor in power management to help protect his inventions against multiple companies.
- Defending a district court action related to Bluetooth systems including handheld devices.
- Defending a semiconductor company and its customers against allegations of infringement in the Western District of Texas. Defended a communications technology company accused of infringing patents pertaining to semiconductor manufacturing.
- Represented a multinational corporation in licensing SEP technologies related to 5G, 4G, Bluetooth, 802.11, et al. and other standards-based innovations.
- Defended a company at the ITC related to patents covering Bluetooth and other wireless technologies in the asset tracking industry.
- Representing a declaratory judgment plaintiff against owner of telecommunications patents.
- Defending a software provider accused of infringing learning management systems patents (multi-defendant litigation).
- Representing several patent holders in ANDA patent litigation.
- Obtained judgment of invalidity for accused infringer of real estate tax patent.
- Managed nationwide patent enforcement campaign (11 cases) leading to client recoveries over $45 million for infringement of web tracking software.
- Defended an international oil and gas pipeline development company against patent infringement.