A member in the Corporate Transactions and Real Estate Departments, Samantha brings to each matter the same tenacity, diligence and focus required of her on the softball field as a former NCAA collegiate athlete.
Based in the firm’s New York Office, Samantha’s practice centers on representing clients in merger and acquisition transactions, debt and equity financing transactions, joint ventures, and general business matters. Samantha has substantial experience in the private equity space, representing private equity firms and their portfolio companies in a range of transactions. Her practice also includes a focus on real estate finance, sports and entertainment representations, and cannabis law. She is a member in the firm’s Sports & Entertainment and Cannabis industry groups.
Samantha has played a prominent role in the following representations:
CORPORATE, FINANCE AND PRIVATE EQUITY
- Delos Capital in a number of transactions including its majority investment in US Fitness, including follow-on syndication of a portion of its equity interest to HRS Management and closing of its senior credit facility; its acquisition of Pioneer Recycling Services, LLC, a full service residential and commercial recycling company for customers throughout the State of Washington and Oregon; and its acquisition of Advanced Construction Technologies and affiliates
- Getzler Henrich & Associates LLC, one of the nation’s premiere turnaround firms, in a definitive agreement to be acquired by Hilco Global, a diversified financial service holding company
- 12MTC Owner, LLC, a joint venture between a hedge fund and firm client, real estate private equity firm 60 Guilders, LLC, in connection with the $128 million acquisition of an office condominium at 12 Metrotech Center in Brooklyn, New York
- Care Solutions, LLC and several of its subsidiaries and affiliates, including Partners Pharmacy Services, LLC, in obtaining a $60 million credit facility from CIT Bank, N.A.
- The Macaluso Group in connection with the sale of all of its equity to ConnectiveRx, a private-equity based strategic acquisition company and portfolio company of Genstar Capital.
- Merger of B. Riley Financial and GlassRatner Advisory & Capital Group LL
- Sale of global executive search and recruiting firm to private equity-backed technology company
REAL ESTATE FINANCE
- Cove Property Group’s ambitious reuse and ultimate billion-dollar sale of Hudson Commons in NYC. Samantha’s role included advising on Cove’s initial $479 million financing, consisting of senior and mezzanine construction loans from Apollo Global Management and used towards the redevelopment; and, later in the project, a $724.2 million financing that included construction and mezzanine loans from affiliates of Blackstone Mortgage Trust
- National self-storage provider in connection with a complex $330 million credit facility, comprised of mortgage and mezzanine facilities, involving the refinancing of a portfolio of 49 assets across 17 states
- Mcsam Hotel Group in obtaining $250 million in financing for a 1,043-key, three-flag hotel near Times Square, located at 150 W. 48th St.
- Savanna Real Estate Fund in connection with $126 million mortgage and mezzanine financing made by Barclays Bank for the acquisition and development of an office tower located in Midtown Manhattan
SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
- Vee Friends, LLC in connection with its annual VeeCon conference, including preparation and negotiation of sponsorship and influencer agreements, brand collaboration agreements, stadium contract and other commercial agreements
- Gotham FC in connection with investor equity documents, consulting agreements and other strategic and commercial agreements
- Represented a social equity applicant and recipient of a conditional Class 2 Cannabis Manufacturer license from the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission in connection with the review and negotiation of operating and employment agreements
- Represented a social equity applicant in connection with the simultaneous filing of seven applications by two different entities with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to operate adult-use cannabis dispensaries in multiple regions with the state
Samantha earned her J.D. from the Villanova University School of Law and her B.A. from Wesleyan University, where she was a four-year starter and Captain of the Wesleyan University Women’s Softball team. Samantha also represented the United States at the 18th World Maccabiah Games in Israel, where she helped the Team USA Women’s Softball earn a gold medal.
Honors & Awards
New York Metro Super Lawyers has recognized Samantha as a “Rising Star” since 2017.