Megan J. Valvano |Legal Practice Assistant
201.489.3000 ext. 3010
David T. Meglino is a member in the firm’s Construction and Litigation Departments.
David’s practice includes representation of construction contractors in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including claims for breach of contract and other contractual claims; defense of delinquent contribution claims under ERISA and other claims brought by unions and their trust funds; lien/bond claims; and insurance matters, including declaratory judgment matters concerning the scope of insurance coverage.
Some of David’s representative matters include:
- Representation of heavy-construction contractors, landscaping companies and other contractors being sued by New York City-area unions in federal court alleging various violations of collective bargaining agreements, including failure to make required contributions to the union trust funds under ERISA, and failure to comply with audit requests;
- Obtaining summary judgment against a contractor’s insurance company requiring the insurance company to defend and indemnify the contractor in a multi-million dollar personal injury lawsuit;
- Favorably settling at mediation a multi-million dollar lawsuit against a construction contractor arising out of a personal injury matter brought under the N.Y. Labor Law;
- Obtaining an injunction against a major New York City union preventing it from proceeding with an arbitration in violation of the parties’ collective bargaining agreement;
- Obtaining dismissal of claims against a general contractor by one of its subcontractors on a public improvement project, alleging breach of contract, and seeking to foreclose on mechanic’s liens and to recover against the general contractor’s payment bonds.