Brooke Fink |Legal Practice Assistant
201.489.3000 ext. 5097
Jonathan Goodelman is an associate in the Real Estate and Real Estate Special Opportunities Departments.
Jonathan provides inventive and useful legal advice to developers, real estate equity and opportunity funds, real estate investment trusts, investors, owners and tenants in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. Jonathan is experienced with all state and federal land use regulations as well as liquor license law in the state of New Jersey and has represented a variety of clients with respect to their zoning and liquor license issues.
Jonathan has played a role in representing an array of real estate and restaurant entities including:
- A developer and investor in the leasing of its extensive New York City retail portfolio
- A restaurant group in the acquisition and leasing of national fast food franchise locations
- A prominent developer in the acquisition and development of Class A commercial warehouse space in multiple locations throughout New York and New Jersey
- A developer in the negotiation of a tax abatement for an industrial/warehouse building
- National supermarkets, restaurants and developers in acquiring and transferring liquor licenses
- A New York based startup company in the negotiation of a lease for a Madison Avenue office space
- A real estate investment trust in its zoning review for development of a 42-acre lot into mixed commercial and residential use
- Various landlords in multiple retail, restaurant, and entertainment lease transactions
- Obtained Land Use Approvals for the first micro cannabis retail dispensary in a New Jersey Municipality
Honors & Awards
Recognized as an “Associate to Watch” by Chambers USA and included on the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for New Jersey, Jonathan’s practice continues to receive attention from the legal world’s most rigorous ratings publications. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Jonathan earned his B.A. in political science from Stony Brook University and his Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law. While in law school, Jonathan worked as a judicial intern in the chambers of Judge Joseph A. Dickson of the United States District Court, District of New Jersey and interned for Judge David B. Katz for the Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division. At Seton Hall Jonathan served as a submission editor on the Seton Hall Law Review, was a semi-finalist in the Eugene Gressman Appellate Moot Court Competition, and a research assistant to Professor Michael Simkovic.