Jacob Frumkin is a member in the firm’s Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring Department.
Jacob represents debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, commercial landlords, estate fiduciaries, parties in adversary proceedings, and other parties-in-interest in various aspects of bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings.
Jacob’s recent representations include:
- One of America’s most highly regarded retailers of home kitchenware products, operating 125 stores and an ecommerce business throughout the United States, in its chapter 11 cases, and following confirmation, the trustee of the liquidation trust
- Lenders in connection with the single asset real estate bankruptcy cases of borrowers and related litigation involving the enforcement of guarantees
- Thirty-three debtors that own and manage, as applicable, primary-care-based physician practices throughout the southeast United States in their chapter 11 cases (recognized as a “Successful Restructuring” by Turnarounds & Workouts magazine)
- Commercial landlords in connection with the bankruptcy cases of their tenants
- Several biotechnology companies in their chapter 11 cases
- The trustee in the chapter 7 cases of an importer and distributor of granite and marble
- A large trade creditor in the chapter 11 cases of a transportation services provider
- The foreign representative in the chapter 15 case of one of the world’s largest shipping companies
- A pre-petition lender in the chapter 11 cases of a four-season resort located in New Jersey
- A nationally-integrated eye care and hearing systems provider in its chapter 11 cases
- The official committee of unsecured creditors and plan administrator in the chapter 11 cases of a provider of medical laundry and linen management services
- A regional tertiary-care, teaching, and research hospital its chapter 11 cases
- The examiner in the chapter 11 case of a mortgage foreclosure law firm
Networks & Affiliations
Jacob is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and currently serves as the Education Director for its Business Reorganization Committee. Prior to joining Cole Schotz, he was a restructuring and finance associate at a large international law firm and a Special Assistant District Attorney at the Kings County District Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn, New York.
Honors & Awards
Jacob is ranked in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, in the area of Bankruptcy/Restructuring law, where it is noted that he “is technically very good and has outstanding presentation skills.” He has been included on the Best Lawyers in America list in the area of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law since 2021. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.