William Stroever, chair of the Intellectual Property Department, dedicates his practice to counseling businesses for growth and success through the use of intellectual property strategies.
He has represented a wide range of clients, and has particular experience in the areas of consumer and biomedical products. Willie has also counseled numerous clients operating non-traditional businesses in online marketplaces.
His approach to creating a comprehensive IP strategy includes:
- Assisting in the identification of protectable intellectual property assets and their monetization for maximum business impact
- Developing local and worldwide intellectual property protection, licensing, and enforcement programs
- Exploring opportunities for brand expansion including licensing and co-branding
- Facilitating the use of new media platforms and formats for brand promotion and customer engagement including domain naming
- Creating trademark, copyright, and trade secret guidelines and procedures for internal use, and for use by business partners, customers and vendors
- Transfers of intellectual property, including licensing and assignment
- Advocating for IP rights in litigation in state courts, federal district courts, United States Courts of Appeal, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and other administrative bodies
Honors & Awards
Willie is a member of the American Bar Association, International Trademark Association, American Intellectual Property Law Association, and the New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association. He also serves as a board member of Family Promise of Morris County, an organization dedicated to ending the crisis of homelessness.
Willie was recognized for his authorship on Trademarks by the 2020 JD Supra Readers’ Choice Awards.