Mitchell W. Abrahams is an accomplished commercial real estate attorney, with an emphasis on shopping center, industrial and office leasing, borrower financing, acquisitions and dispositions.
His diversified transactional practice is national in scope and involves all aspects of developing and owning commercial real estate including the negotiation and drafting of all related documents such as contracts, reciprocal easement agreements and resolving complex title and survey issues. In addition, Mitchell has extensive land use experience and appears regularly before zoning boards throughout New Jersey, representing both applicants and objectors. Mitchell’s clients include national and local landlords and tenants throughout the country.
The following is representative of the type of matters handled by Mitchell:
- Representation of landlord in connection with lease preparation and negotiation for over 120 national shopping centers
- Negotiations of acquisition contract and procurement of zoning approvals for major automobile dealership facilities in New Jersey to include acquisition and financing
- Representation of national accounting firm in connection with negotiation of an 80,000 square foot office lease for its New Jersey headquarter facilities
- Acquisition, financing and due diligence for numerous shopping centers throughout the country
- Leasing on behalf of New Jersey based industrial warehouse owner of over 50 buildings
- Extensive experience in all aspects of transactional real estate work
Mitchell joined the firm as a member in 1999. Mitchell’s clients remain loyal and he has represented many of them for a large portion of his 35+ year career.
Honors & Awards
Mitchell has been awarded an AV rating for his professionalism and the quality of his legal work from Martindale-Hubbell, the premier directory of legal professionals.
He has been selected for inclusion in the prestigious Best Lawyers in America®, 2007-2012, 2015, 2020, 2021, and 2024 and New Jersey Super Lawyers® in Real Estate Law. He was also named on the Best Lawyers’ “Lawyer of the Year” list in 2018, 2020, and 2024. Real Estate New Jersey included Mitchell on their list of the Top 40 real estate attorneys in New Jersey in its April 2008 issue.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.