Joseph A. Armenti is a member in the firm’s Corporate Transactions Department and is based in the New Jersey office.
Joe has a broad corporate practice, representing clients in corporate and governance matters, mergers/acquisitions, entity selection and formation, financing and loan transactions, joint ventures and investments. Joe is frequently called upon to serve as outside “in-house” counsel to companies of all sizes, advising on day-to-day legal and operational issues. His clients appreciate that he stands shoulder to shoulder with them as they navigate the complex business marketplace.
- Represented a NYC-based restaurant group in a significant capital raise and restructure.
- Represented an international book and magazine publisher in connection with the sale of its business to a private equity buyer for a purchase price of approximately $35,000,000.
- Represented one of the world’s leading document solution companies in its acquisition of North America’s leading provider of business process solutions for a purchase price of approximately $100,000,000.
- Represented a leading national food manufacturer in the sale of its business to a private equity buyer for a purchase price of approximately $65mm.
- Represented Globe Scientific, a leading provider of laboratory consumable supplies, in connection with the sale of its business to L Squared Capital Partners.
- Represented a full service insurance brokerage firm in connection with the sale of its business to a leading national specialty insurance brokerage and risk management firm for a purchase of approximately $29,000,000.
- Represented a household brand sold on Amazon in connection with the sale of its business to a leading Amazon aggregator for a purchase price of $15,000,000.
- Represented Pentek, Inc. and Pentek Systems, Inc. in a $65,000,000 acquisition by Mercury Systems, Inc., a global commercial technology company.
- Represented DriTac Flooring Products, LLC, a U.S.-based floor covering adhesives company, in its acquisition by Sika Group, a specialty chemical company that supplies to the building sector and motor vehicle industry.
- Represented UltraShipTMS in the sale of its business to PCS Software, an affiliate of the CapStreet Group.
- Represented J&K Ingredients Corp. in its acquisition by CORE Industrial Partners.
- Represented American Media, LLC in connection with multiple matters, including: the sale of the Mr. Olympia, Muscle & Fitness, Flex and M&F Hers brands to Jake Wood, the promoter of Wings of Strength.
- Represented a leading publisher of magazines and books, on (i) the 2019 acquisition of 14 adventure-sports media brands from TEN Publishing (i.e., Bike, Canoe & Kayak, Powder, Snowboarder Magazine, Surfer)); and (ii) the December 2018 acquisition of the U.S. division of wholesale and distributor The News Group (TNG) from Jim Pattison Group.
- Represented Prestige Land Rover, Inc. in the sale of its Land Rover and Jaguar dealerships to Penske Automotive Group.
Networks & Affiliations
Joe serves as a board member of the New Jersey Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and Co-Chair of the Tomorrow’s Leaders Young Professionals Group.
Joe earned his B.A., cum laude, with honors from Muhlenberg College and his J.D., magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, from Seton Hall University School of Law. During law school, Joe worked as a judicial intern in the chambers of both Judge William J. Martini in the United States District Court, District of New Jersey and Justice Barry T. Albin in the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Joe also served on the Seton Hall Law Review while in law school.