Devika S. Sammy |Legal Practice Assistant
212.752.8000 ext. 3006
Jordan J. Metzger is a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Real Estate Special Opportunities, Corporate and Restaurant & Hospitality practice groups.
Jordan’s practice focuses on structuring, negotiating and closing the acquisition, joint venture, financing, leasing and disposition of the full range of commercial real estate assets, including distressed debt and equity transactions. Jordan represents purchasers and sellers in commercial real estate debt and equity acquisitions and dispositions; borrowers and institutional and non-institutional lenders in securitized and balance sheet financing transactions (including acquisition, construction, bridge, mezzanine, preferred equity) and workouts; owners and tenants in leasing transactions; equity participants in joint ventures; and developers in ground-up and redevelopment projects involving office, retail, industrial, multifamily, hospitality and mixed-use projects.
Jordan joined the firm in 2012 and has played a prominent role in the representation of a variety of clients, including:
- Representation of New York-based owner/operator/developer in connection with:
- Acquisition and subsequent $724 million construction and mezzanine financing for redevelopment of midtown Manhattan 8-story warehouse into 25-story, 700,000 square foot Class A, platinum LEED certified office tower with state of the art amenities spaces and ground floor retail;
- $1 billion sale of above-referenced property to pension fund.
- Representation of New Jersey-based owner/operator/developer in connection with:
- $31 million sale of 285,000 square foot shopping center in Woodbridge, New Jersey (having previously represented client in ground lease/acquisition/financing);
- Joint venture with global private equity firm in $126 million acquisition and financing of 17-building, 1.2 million square foot, industrial complex in Rockland County, New York;
- Joint venture with global private equity firm in $42 million acquisition and financing of 374,000 square foot office complex in Paramus, New Jersey;
- $91 million sale of ground lease interests in two Class A office buildings aggregating 253,000 square feet in Garden City, New York;
- Joint venture with New Jersey residential developer in $67 million acquisition and construction financing to develop multi-family housing on Woodbridge, New Jersey, development site, as well as syndication of additional equity for the project;
- $13 million financing of 42,000 square foot shopping center in Staten Island, New York, with regional bank;
- $52 million sale of 258,000 square foot shopping center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to institutional owner/operator.
- Representation of joint venture between Florida-based multi-family owner/operator/developer and New York-based real estate family office in connection with:
- $13.2 million acquisition, financing and equity syndication of 176-unit multi-family complex in Jacksonville, Florida;
- $45 million acquisition and financing, structured as part of a 1031 exchange, of a 150-unit multi-family property with 48,000 square feet of commercial space, in Orlando, Florida;
- $101 million acquisition, financing and equity syndication of 1,060 unit multi-family complex, including commercial space, on 100 acres, in Birmingham, Alabama;
- $71 million acquisition, financing and equity syndication of 265-unit former condominium complex with full amenities, together with adjoining development parcels, in Fort Myers, Florida;
- $55 million acquisition, financing and equity syndication, structured as part of a 1031 exchange, of 24-story apartment complex with 3-story parking garage, in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Representation of New York-based real estate family office in connection with:
- 1031 exchange transaction involving $52 million acquisition and financing of multi-family projects aggregating 177 units in Nashville, Tennessee;
- 1031 exchange transaction involving $14 million acquisition and leaseback of office properties in San Diego, California, to San Diego State University;
- $50 million acquisition and equity syndication of 50% interest in portfolio of three mixed use/multi-family properties in midtown-Manhattan.
- Representation of Istanbul, Turkey-based investment platform in connection with equity investment in $76 million acquisition and financing of 378-unit multi-family property to be redeveloped into medical staff housing adjacent, to the Texas Medical Center, in Houston, Texas.
- Representation of New York-based co-living owner/operator/developer in connection with:
- $33 million acquisition, joint venture and financing of the 221,000 square foot International House, adjacent to the University of Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia, to be redeveloped into graduate student and staff housing;
- $21 million acquisition, joint venture and financing of former church, school and rectory located in upper Manhattan for redevelopment as school with extensive facility spaces, and long-term ground lease to charter school;
- $200 million acquisition, financing, ground lease and subleases of condominium units comprising the former Hudson Hotel in Columbus Circle area of midtown-Manhattan, to be redeveloped into multifamily housing.
- Representation of New York-based investment fund/owner/operator/developer in connection with:
- $107 million acquisition, and subsequent $76 million financing of two 12-story office properties aggregating 133,000 square feet, located in New York’s Flatiron district;
- $180 million acquisition, and $127 million senior and mezzanine financing, of 268,000 square foot office property in midtown-Manhattan.
- Representation of prominent New York real estate family in connection with:
- $62 million refinancing of 31 multi-family properties spread across Manhattan, comprised of 508 units in the aggregate, with regional bank.
- Subsequent equity restructuring and $180 million refinancing of above portfolio with national real estate debt fund.
- Representation of New York-based debt fund in $20 million joint venture mortgage loan on 639,000 square foot landmark office tower in Detroit, Michigan.
Networks & Affiliations
Jordan is a Member of the New York State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section, a Member of the Board of Trustees of The Friends of TEAM Academy Charter School, Inc., on the board of KIPP Cooper Norcross Charter Schools, and a member of Business Network International. He is a frequent moderator on Bisnow panels as well as an active participant in Cardozo Law School’s real estate programs.
Honors & Awards
Jordan’s practice has been featured in a number of news publications such as GlobeSt, Real Estate Finance & Investment, The Real Deal and Builder Magazine.