Jill B. Richardson is a member in the firm’s Environmental Department.
Her practice involves all aspects of transactional environmental law, with a focus on evaluating the environmental liability faced by buyers, sellers, tenants, and commercial lenders during business and real estate transactions. She also guides clients through the process of achieving regulatory compliance while they undertake complex cleanups at industrial, commercial, and residential properties.
Diligent and detail-oriented, Jill is adept at navigating the multiple moving parts in business deals.
Her experience spans an array of transactional settings, such as:
- Conducting environmental due diligence for a major national commercial real estate financer of hundreds of multi-million dollar deals throughout the country;
- Allocating risks for a prominent NYC private equity fund investing in the development of a mixed-use building on property contaminated by automobile fueling/repair operations;
- Performing ISRA compliance for an international real estate investment management firm triggered by a billion dollar transaction involving multiple industrial properties;
- Procuring nearly 100% insurance coverage for a former family-owned business cleaning up soil and groundwater contamination from old underground storage tanks; and
- Evaluating environmental risks of a municipal power authority and its members in advance of the sale and decommissioning of a coal-fired power plant located in the southwestern United States.
Honors & Awards
Jill served on the New York City Bar Association Environmental Law Committee from 2017-2020. She is also a member of the New York City Environmental Law Leadership Institute’s 2014 class. New York Metro Super Lawyers has recognized Jill as a Rising Star for several years.