Jamie P. Clare is a member in the firm’s Litigation, Construction and Employment Departments.
Jamie counsels businesses and individuals in all aspects of business disputes, including contract, employment and construction litigation, and in substantial insurance matters. His practice is national and international in scope, encompassing a broad range of litigation matters for companies in the manufacturing, distribution, service, healthcare, technology and real estate sectors. Jamie advocates on behalf of his clients in New Jersey and New York state and federal trial and appellate courts and in arbitration matters.
Jamie regularly represents clients as assigned counsel for insurance carriers pursuant to commercial general liability, director & officer and professional liability policies, and frequently counsels clients in insurance coverage disputes. Jamie also has wide-ranging experience in surety and fidelity matters, previously acting as assistant outside general counsel to a national surety in run-off.
A Member of the firm since 2001, Jamie has acted as lead counsel in representing an array of clients, including:
- An automobile parts manufacturer in national and international litigation over breach-of-output and requirements contracts
- An insulation and weatherproofing distributor as general litigation counsel in multistate, multidistrict asbestos litigation in Illinois, Missouri, New York and Connecticut, and in Proposition 65 litigation in California
- A prominent New Jersey law firm in a malpractice action
- A car dealership in litigation over violation of rights of first refusal and assignment in the sale of a distributorship and service facility
- An international ethnic food company in litigation over violation of a nondisparagement and confidentiality agreement in a purchase and sale agreement
- A debt collection service in a national class action litigation over collection practices of the service and a large, publicly held shipping company
- A construction contractor in a bid dispute and appeals before the New Jersey Superior Courts and New Jersey Supreme Court over the award of contracts for construction of EZ-Pass lanes on the New Jersey Turnpike and New Jersey Parkway
- A construction contractor in a bid dispute for weatherization projects with the New Jersey Department of Labor and Department of Community Affairs
- A printing company in a bid dispute with a New Jersey state governmental entity pertaining to the award of a printing contract for racing forms
- A construction company in a bid dispute concerning the award of contracts by the U.S. Army at Fort Dix
- Surety bonding companies in payment and performance bond matters pertaining to the construction of hotels, nursing homes, schools, sporting event arenas, other public works and roadways
- A national provider of water filtration systems in investigation, discovery and hearings over alleged discriminatory practices before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- A national healthcare company in various litigations for breach of the duty of loyalty and to enforce nondisclosure, non-disparagement and non-compete agreements with former executives
- A national healthcare company in litigation pertaining to construction of new facilities in New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts
Honors & Awards
Consistently awarded high marks for the quality of his legal work and practical advice, Jamie has been awarded an AV rating for his professionalism and the quality of his legal work from Martindale-Hubbell, the publisher of the premier directory of legal professionals. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.