W. John Park is a member in the firm’s Real Estate Department.
John’s practice is national in scope and encompasses a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, with a specialization in commercial and capital markets financing; restructuring commercial loans with CMBS Special Servicers; distressed loan acquisitions and opportunities; “triple-net” lease acquisitions; acquisitions and dispositions of office, retail and mixed-use properties; and landlord and tenant leasing of all commercial property types.
Recent representative transactions include:
- Completing numerous retail leases for a major U.S. retailer within shopping centers in the U.S.A. and Canada.
- Acquisition of a site within an industrial park and the construction on the site of a 750,000 square foot warehouse facility.
- Lease by tenant of 750,000 square foot warehouse in an urban renewal development.
- Restructuring a portfolio of 19 separate cross-defaulted loans, which were in default, and documenting the loan modification with the Conduit Special Servicer.
- Closing various portfolio loans on behalf of a New York based private lender, including an eighteen property, fee and ground leased, single-tenant retail portfolio in thirteen states and an eight property retail portfolio in five states.
- Acquiring a portfolio of seven Walgreen’s locations in three states and financing the same.
- Representing a real estate opportunity fund in connection with the restructuring of a defaulting $110,000,000 first mortgage loan on a New York office building. The restructuring involved modifying the A-Note, B-Note, Cash Management Agreement and existing A/B Intercreditor Agreement with the REMIC holding the A-Note and which services the first mortgage, restructuring the Borrower to facilitate a mezzanine loan and entering into a mezzanine loan to fund future tenant improvement/leasing commission costs. The new mezzanine loan also involved negotiating a new Mezzanine Intercreditor Agreement with the REMIC.
- Representing a real estate opportunity fund in connection with the purchase of a mortgage loan, secured by a 20-story office building located in New York City, from an institutional lender.
- Completing “note-on-note” financing with a major Wall Street lender. Subsequently acquiring the fee interest in the property and converting the loan to first mortgage.
- Acquiring a portfolio of 15 triple-net leased properties, simultaneously selling the portfolio with “Conduit” financing.
- Acquiring a portfolio of 8 “big-box” retail locations in a sale-leaseback transaction with a national retailer and financing the acquisition with “Conduit” financing.
Honors & Awards
John has been awarded an AV rating for his professionalism and the quality of his legal work from Martindale-Hubbell, the premier directory of legal professionals. He has also been selected by his peers for inclusion in the prestigious Best Lawyers in America in Real Estate Law, 2007-2017 and 2020. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.