Scott Topolski is a veteran litigator and a member in the firm’s Boca Raton office.
He has been practicing for over thirty five years with a focus on litigation matters including probate disputes, breaches of fiduciary duties, contested guardianship hearings, business disputes involving contracts and unfair competition, construction disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, as well as the defense of ADA lawsuits.
For some, protracted litigation is seen as a strategic option and cost of doing business. For others, however, moving swiftly to the most favorable settlement is the goal. Mr. Topolski understands this and employs the strategy that best meets his client’s needs. Additionally, in Florida, every contested case goes to mediation by rule. As a certified Florida Supreme Court civil mediator and qualified arbitrator, Mr. Topolski has achieved favorable results for clients in arbitration and mediation. Additionally, Mr. Topolski has lectured extensively on topics such as insurance law, debts and judgments.
Mr. Topolski has tried numerous cases around the State of Florida involving a variety of matters such as:
- Represented a residential developer in its contract and related claims against a lumber and millwork subcontractor/supplier with respect to the development of five subdivisions in Palm Beach County.
- Represented a factoring company in a matter involving tortious interference with a contract and business relationship.
- Represented a medical doctor who sued his former office administrator for civil theft, conversion and fraud in connection with embezzlement of significant monies from the practice.
- Represented the owner of a condominium in a suit against the condominium association for failure to properly repair and remediate areas within the association’s control and responsibility under the association documents.
- Represented an institutional purchaser of credit card debt in its claim for breach of the credit card agreement, together with related causes of action.
- Represented a drywall subcontractor in a suit against a condominium association for failure to pay for substantial repairs and renovations to property damaged by a hurricane.
- Represented a distributor of health and beauty products for breach of contract and civil theft against defendant.
Networks & Affiliations
Mr. Topolski is a member of the National Association of Settlement Purchasers, the Knights of Columbus, St. John the Evangelist, the American Arbitration Association of Arbitrators and Mediators, the Sports Lawyers Network and former member of the Board of Directors of the West Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce. He has recently been appointed as Education Director of the Boca Raton Chapter of Florida Lawyers Network. Scott is on the board of the Coral Springs Coconut Creek Regional Chamber of Commerce, as well as a Trustee and Ambassador of the Chamber. He regularly serves as a judge for the University of Florida undergraduate mock trial competitions.
Scott is also a member of Provisors in Boca Raton, where he also serves as the Recruitment Chair. He has also been recognized as a “Top Attorney” in the 2019 South Florida Legal Guide. Scott is also a licensed athlete agent in the State of Florida (inactive).
He earned his J.D. from Rutgers Law School and B.A. in Journalism from Rider University summa cum laude.