Christopher J. Caslin is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Department and Real Estate Special Opportunities Group.
Since joining the firm in 2003, Chris has focused his practice on a wide array of real estate transactions, with substantial experience handling acquisitions, dispositions and development throughout the United States for a variety of clients including real estate investment trusts, opportunity funds and private investors. He also has significant experience representing both lenders and borrowers in connection with loan workouts, restructures and deed-in-lieu transactions.
Chris’s experience includes representing:
- A real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition and financing of 5 retail condominium units in the SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan
- A real estate opportunity fund in a joint venture acquisition of an office building in the Midtown West neighborhood of Manhattan
- A conduit lender in the mortgage financing of various limited-service hotels located throughout the Midwest and Southeast
- A sovereign wealth fund in the sale of a limited-service hotel in New Jersey
- A real estate investor in the acquisition and leaseback from a big-box retailer of eight stores in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Hampshire and North Carolina
- A publicly-traded real estate investment trust in the acquisition of a development site in North Bergen, New Jersey
- A real estate investment trust in the acquisition of warehouse and distribution centers in New Jersey, Maryland and Pennsylvania
- A real estate investor in the acquisition of retail shopping centers in Hilton Head, S.C. and Miami
- A real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition of an existing mortgage loan and subsequent deed-in-lieu transfer of an office building in Midtown Manhattan
- A real estate developer in the acquisition of a foreclosing lender’s project mortgage foreclosure judgment and auction bid and related acquisition financing for property in the Midtown South neighborhood of Manhattan
- A real estate investor in the acquisition of an existing defaulted mortgage loan secured by eight multifamily properties in New York City and subsequent workout to convey four of the properties to our client and three of the properties to a third-party buyer, with the remaining property conveyed to the principals of the existing borrower and a mezzanine lender
Networks & Affiliations
In addition to membership in the New York State Bar Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association, Chris is an active member of the Urban Land Institute and the International Council of Shopping Centers.