Tara Ryan is Special Counsel in the firm’s Real Estate Department.
Tara advises clients on complex real estate transactions, focusing on commercial financing, acquisitions and dispositions of various classes of commercial real estate including office, retail, industrial, multifamily and mixed-use properties, and ground, retail, industrial and office leasing, both locally and nationally.
Tara has represented clients in a vast array of transactions, including:
- A New York based co-living owner/operator/developer in connection with the $200 million acquisition, financing, ground lease and subleases of condominium units comprising the former Hudson Hotel in Midtown Manhattan, to be redeveloped into multifamily housing.
- A regional investment fund in the acquisition, financing, and joint venture of a 235,000 square foot Class-A office property in New York.
- A regional investor/operator in numerous suburban office joint venture acquisitions and financings.
- A commercial real estate finance company in the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of Walgreen’s locations in three states.
- A finance company in the financing of a commercial condominium unit located on Bleecker Street, New York, New York.
- A regional investment fund in the acquisition, financing, and joint venture of a 218,600 square foot, grocery anchored Class A retail property in New Jersey.
Tara has served as an instructor in the Continuing Education Program at Queens College in Flushing, New York teaching Real Property Law for Paralegals.
Prior to rejoining the firm, Tara worked as a Senior Legal Editor for the Real Estate Service of a large multinational legal publishing company.
Tara is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section, Real Estate Financing and Condos & Coop Committees.