Be PFAS Smart! Understanding and Managing PFAS Risks in Commercial / Industrial Real Estate Transactions
It is hard to miss the click-bait headlines on the dangers of PFAS, the toxic “forever chemicals” found everywhere you turn, including your Phase I environmental site assessment, notices from regulators, or follow up questions from your lender, to name a few. Join this webinar for a 30-minute overview on answers to these key questions:
- What are PFAS and other emerging contaminants and why are they important?
- Why are so many states and now EPA regulating them?
- How are they shaking up environmental diligence?
- What are the challenges with investigation, cleanup and waste disposal of these contaminants?
- What can you do to understand, manage and transfer these new risks to get the deal done! As the science and regulations change on a day-to-day basis, so do the liability exposures and markets.
Learn how environmental professionals are tackling the moving target that is the PFAS risk profile by leveraging our existing diligence and deal tools with an extra helping of good judgment, risk transfer and creativity.
As the law continues to evolve on these matters, please note that this article is current as of date and time of publication and may not reflect subsequent developments. The content and interpretation of the issues addressed herein is subject to change. Cole Schotz P.C. disclaims any and all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this publication to the fullest extent permitted by law. This is for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. Do not act or refrain from acting upon the information contained in this publication without obtaining legal, financial and tax advice. For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out to your firm contact or to any of the attorneys listed in this publication.
Join Our Mailing List
Stay up to date with the latest insights, events, and more