Skip to content
Michael A. Perlmutter is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Department, focusing on commercial leasing.
Prior to rejoining the firm, Mike was Vice President and Real Estate Counsel at Seritage Growth Properties, a publicly traded REIT. During that time, he engaged in the legal and business aspects of developing and leasing millions of square feet at retail and mixed-use properties throughout the United States. Mike has analyzed and resolved complex legal and business issues from the perspective of both an owner/operator and outside counsel, giving him a unique skill set for representing sophisticated property owners and tenants.
- A publicly traded REIT in negotiating leases for projects across a national portfolio, including retail, grocery, office, healthcare, entertainment, restaurant, fitness, financial services, school, self-storage and casino deals.
- A publicly traded REIT in negotiating leases with active national tenants such as Amazon, Target, BJ’s Wholesale Club, At Home, Aldi, Burlington, Kohl’s, Equinox, Cinemark, Floor & Décor, Extra Space, Michaels, Starbucks, Planet Fitness, Raymour & Flanigan, CityMD, Ulta, Darden, Chick-Fil-A, Five Below, Skechers, United Healthcare, Sweetgreen, Blue Bottle Coffee, CB2, Chase, TD Bank, Portillo’s, Ace Hardware, Tractor Supply, Bob’s Discount Furniture, Ashley Furniture, Verizon and Xfinity.
- A major pension fund in the leasing of its retail portfolio in New York City.
- A landlord in the leasing of a 300,000 square-foot office campus in Connecticut to a major aircraft manufacturer.
- A hedge fund in the leasing of its national retail and office portfolio.
- A publicly traded REIT in the lease-up of its premier mixed-use development in San Diego, California.
- A large financial consultancy firm in the leasing and subleasing of its office space across the United States.
- A national real estate owner in the leasing of its headquarters office in New York City.
- A major international law firm in multiple subleases of its headquarters office in New York City.
- A national retailer with over 700 stores in negotiating its retail leases on a national basis.
Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window