Bankruptcy Associate- Delaware Office:
Seeking an associate to join our Wilmington, Delaware office and be part of a team working on sophisticated Chapter 11 matters in Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Texas. We seek a motivated individual devoted to meeting the highest standards of excellence and serving clients, and who wants to be part of a dynamic office with sophisticated Chapter 11 practice. Delaware bar is required. Strong academic credentials and excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Bankruptcy Associate- Maryland Office:
Seeking a bankruptcy associate to join our Baltimore, Maryland Office and be part of a team working on matters in Maryland, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Texas and Florida. We seek a motivated individual devoted to meeting the highest standards of excellence and serving clients, and who wants to be part of an established and dynamic office and firm. Litigation experience is a plus; interest in litigation is required. Admission to Maryland Bar or willingness to sit for Maryland Bar required. Additional Bar(s) Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Texas, District of Columbia and/or Virginia a plus. Strong academic credentials and excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Construction Attorney- New Jersey and/or New York Offices:
Seeking an attorney with 5+ years experience in all aspects of construction law particularly drafting of construction management contracts, general contractor agreements, design build contracts, architect and engineer agreements, and trade contracts/subcontracts. Applicable bar required. We have a sophisticated practice and offer an extraordinary opportunity for challenging, interesting, and rewarding work. We seek an individual devoted to meeting the highest standards of excellence and serving clients, and who wants to be part of an established and dynamic firm. Strong academic credentials and excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Billing Coordinator- New Jersey Office:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and assistant requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, assistants, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Is familiar with and applies Firm billing policies.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- 4-6 or more years hands-on billing experience in a law firm.
- Elite 3E, Aderant (or equivalent accounting software) experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently.
- Ability to show strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings.
Help Desk Technician- New Jersey Office:
Seeking a Help Desk Technician to join our Hackensack, New Jersey Office. Work schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Duties include providing hardware and software technical assistance to the Firm’s users. Troubleshooting, support and provide general assistance to senior technical staff. Setup video conferences to other Firm offices as well as outside entities as requested. Maintain inventory of Firm technical equipment and supplies. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong documentation discipline and experience with a ticket management system. Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a collaborative team environment; must be self-motivated and self-driven. Provide, on a rotating basis, after hours on-call coverage for end user support. Experience with Microsoft Windows 10 desktop environment. Computer desktop and laptop hardware repair and knowledge, Microsoft Office 2016 with particularly strong working knowledge of Outlook, Word, iManage, Smartphones and all mobile devices. Legal specific software such iManage, Worksite, Workshare, etc preferred. Applicant needs to have strong interpersonal skills as well as good aptitude to learn new tasks quickly. Law firm or professional service firm background a plus.
Staff Accountant- New Jersey Office:
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepares financial reports and analysis.
- Provides detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions.
- Supports accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Provides assistance with trust accounting duties.
- Gives overall support to the Chief Accounting Officer in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or related field proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
We offer a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits program. Please e-mail resume for consideration to:
Gayle P. Englert
Chief Human Resources Officer
Cole Schotz P.C.
Court Plaza North
25 Main Street, P.O. Box 800
Hackensack, NJ 07602-0800
Cole Schotz is an Equal Opportunity Employer