Evelyn Cruz |Legal Practice Assistant
201.489.3000 ext. 5102
Michael E. Jones is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Department.
His practice focuses on leasing, acquisitions, dispositions and development of retail, industrial and office properties, with an emphasis on retail leasing. Michael represents owners, tenants, developers, investors, real estate investment trusts, opportunity funds, family partnerships and privately held companies in commercial real estate transactions throughout the nation. Such clients include national and regional retailers (big box retailers and anchor tenants) in new store development, surplus property transactions and distribution center development, landlords and tenants of shopping centers, landlords and tenants of industrial buildings, and landlords and tenants of office buildings.
The following is representative of the clients and matters that Michael has handled:
- A publicly traded REIT in the redevelopment of shopping centers and free-standing retail properties throughout the country for retail, entertainment, fitness, food, office and mixed uses
- An owner of two office complexes in the leasing of rooftops and parking deck canopies for the installation and operation of solar panels for the generation of electricity to serve the office complexes
- An international financial services firm in the leasing of office space throughout the county, including the firm’s corporate headquarters in New York City
- A national real estate brokerage services firm in the leasing of office space throughout the country
- A private equity fund in the leasing and redevelopment of industrial properties in New Jersey
- A family-owned real estate company in the sale of a 120-unit multifamily property in Linden, New Jersey
- A family-owned real estate company in the leasing of two shopping centers in Paramus, New Jersey
- A privately held real estate investment fund in the ground leasing of property to a developer for the development of a multi-family and retail mixed use project within an office complex owned by the real estate investment fund
- A national retailer in the purchase of 124 stores throughout the United States from another national retailer
- A real estate fund in the purchase of–and lease-back of–eight properties in the northeastern United States to a “big box” national retailer
- A private real estate fund in the sale of a 69,000-square-foot office building in Edison, N.J.
- A real estate developer in the ground lease of land in East Rutherford, N.J., from a Fortune 100 company to develop a shopping center
- A family-owned real estate company in the redevelopment of a former office building into a mixed-use development with retail stores and office condominiums in Paramus, N.J.
- A “big box” national retailer in the leasing of a distribution center containing 650,000 square feet in Pittston, Pa., from a regional industrial developer
- A family owned real estate investment company in the leasing of a 530,000-square-foot industrial complex in Linden, N.J
Networks & Affiliations
Michael is a member of the International Counsel for Shopping Centers and the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties. He is also a member of the Advisory Board of the Bergen Community Colleges Paralegal Studies and Legal Nurse Consultant Programs.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Michael was an industrial real estate broker.
Honors & Awards
Throughout his career, Michael has been selected by his peers for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America. He has been awarded the 2017 AV Preeminent™ Rating on his professionalism and the quality of his legal work, the highest possible qualification from Martindale-Hubbell, the premier directory of legal professionals.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.