Jordan Fisch is Co-Chair of the firm’s Corporate Transactions Department and a member of the firm’s Real Estate and Real Estate Special Opportunities Departments.
Jordan’s corporate practice consists of counseling buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions, issuers and investors in debt and equity offerings, and lenders and borrowers on both secured and assetbased credit facilities. Jordan’s practice also includes counseling many closely held and family-owned businesses, providing those businesses with general corporate advice.
Jordan’s real estate practice consists of counseling the firm’s clients with respect to joint ventures and the making of preferred and common equity investments in real estate assets. In addition, Jordan regularly advises the firm’s clients on matters concerning the acquisition and disposition of secured debt including distressed debt, the making of investments in senior and junior participating interests in secured debt, and senior and mezzanine commercial mortgage financings.
In addition to his corporate and real estate practices, Jordan has developed a niche practice in the representation of restauranteurs and restaurant groups in connection with structuring and organizational matters, the acquisition, financing (debt and equity) and wind-down of restaurants, and employment matters.
A Member of the firm since 2000, Jordan has acted as lead counsel or played a prominent role in the following transactions:
Corporate and Restaurant/Hospitality Transactions
- The sale of a laboratory equipment supplier to a private equity buyer for a purchase price of approximately $125 million
- The sale of a baking ingredients manufacturer to a private equity buyer for a purchase price of approximately $110 million
- The sale of an insurance and underwriting agency for approximately $70 million
- The sale of a food products supplier for a purchase price of approximately $70 million
- The sale of a staffing and recruiting search firm for a purchase price of approximately $65 million
- The sale of a media publishing company for a purchase price of approximately $35 million
- Representation of a private equity firm in the disposition of a portfolio company engaged in the providing of retail software and retail POS software for a purchase price of approximately $25 million
- Representation of a private equity firm in an industry rollup involving the consolidation of a portfolio company engaged in the sale of consumer retail products and subsequent financing of the newly formed venture
- Representation of a health care provider in an approximately $23 million asset-based credit facility
- Restructuring of an $11.5 million credit facility for a specialty industrial products manufacturer
- The formation and structuring of a prominent restaurant group and opening of several acclaimed New York City restaurants
- The corporate restructuring of a prominent New York City restaurant group
- The financing of the construction and build-out of several restaurant sites for a prominent New York City based restaurant group
- Executive Employment Agreements with Celebrity Chefs
- Representation of a craft brewery with respect to general corporate matters including investor relations with its lead investor
Real Estate Transactions
- Representation of a real estate opportunity fund in a joint venture with respect to a $78 million acquisition of two industrial properties
- Representation of a real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition of an over $150 million participating interest in a first mortgage loan secured by a 3 Class A office building portfolio in Virginia and subsequent disposition of a senior interest in said loan
- Representation of a real estate opportunity fund in the mezzanine financing of a New York City office building
- Representation of a real estate opportunity fund in the funding of an approximately $30 million loan secured by a first mortgage lien against a shopping
center in Hawaii
- Representation of a real estate opportunity fund in multiple preferred and common equity investments across several asset classes throughout the
- Representation of a real estate opportunity fund in the origination of several securitized commercial mortgage loans secured by properties throughout
the United States.
Honors & Awards
Consistently awarded high marks for the quality of his legal work and practical advice, Jordan has garnered professional accolades from New York Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars, and Martindale-Hubbell.
Jordan has been profiled in Real Estate Weekly for his extensive experience in real estate, opportunity funds in joint ventures, acquisition and disposition of secured and distressed debt, and mezzanine commercial mortgage financing.
Jordan has been quoted in The New York Times for his counsel of a client in the wind down of several well-regarded New York City restaurants. Jordan is also a contributor to restaurant and hospitality trade publications such as FSR Magazine and Restaurant Startup & Growth.