Kathryn E. D'Amico |Legal Practice Assistant
201.489.3000 ext. 3007
Jed M. Weiss is a litigator known for his steady determinedness in and outside the courtroom.
He handles all manner of corporate disputes among owners, joint venture partners, investors, and developers in the New York City market, with an emphasis in real estate and construction litigation. Both an effective advocate and negotiator, Jed seeks practical and expedient solutions to disputes, always in line with his client’s goals and objectives.
He has extensive experience in state, federal and appellate courts, as well as arbitration. In addition to his experience in real estate litigation, Jed counsels businesses and individuals engaged in a wide range of legal matters, including business/partnership disputes, lender liability, employment matters, contract disputes, business torts and commercial foreclosure.
Jed has achieved positive results in a variety of matters, including:
- A real estate private equity firm and asset management company in the acquisitions and financing of an office building in New York and related litigation
- A hedge fund suing its former investment manager and auditor
- A real estate opportunity fund in a dispute with member entities
- A large New York investment bank seeking remuneration from a client for services rendered
- A New York-based transportation company engaged in a dispute with its employees’ union over delinquent contributions
- A multimillion-dollar shareholder dispute involving derivative and multidistrict litigation
- A real estate developer engaged in a dispute with lenders and subsequent foreclosure
- A construction company engaged in a dispute with prime and subcontractors
- A national producer and distributor of raw materials involved in multistate litigation
- A foreign clothing manufacturer engaged in a dispute with its distributor
- A prominent hedge fund founder engaged in a contractual dispute with his partners also alleging violations of New York’s labor laws
Jed is an active member of the New York City Bar Association Litigation Committee.
He earned his B.A. from Wheaton College and his J.D., cum laude, from the American University – Washington College of Law.