Environmental Litigation & Cost Recovery
Environmental litigation involves complex issues at the intersection of law and science.
Our environmental litigators cut through complexities by bringing together a deep bench of environmental and trial attorneys who have decades of nationwide environmental litigation experience and success.
Cutting through the weeds
Our approach to resolving environmental disputes starts with a focus on our clients’ individual needs.
We draw on our practical knowledge of environmental risks and liabilities, creative problem-solving skills, proven trial tactics and sophisticated discovery and e-discovery resources to develop dispute resolution and litigation strategies that meet our clients’ needs and achieve efficient and cost-effective results.
Considering other options
We understand that avoiding litigation is often the best strategy. We help clients navigate the mediation, advanced dispute resolution, and settlement process which can more quickly resolve environmental disputes and litigation matters while controlling risk and costs.
Our Portfolio of Experience
We represent clients in state and federal courts and in administrative and enforcement proceedings nationwide. Our clients range from individuals to large private and public companies in all types of industries.
Our experience includes:
- Cost recovery and contribution under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA or Superfund) and similar state environmental statutes
- Enforcement actions by federal, state, and local governmental authorities under statutes such as the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and similar state environmental statutes
- Natural resource damages claims
- Federal and state agency regulatory disputes
- Property damage claims from environmental conditions
- Notices and litigation under California Proposition 65
- Toxic Tort litigation
- Environmental issues arising from real property and commercial transaction
- Insurance coverage claims to recover remediation costs and legal fees incurred by clients in conducting remediation and defending against litigation and enforcement actions
- Environmental Justice Claims
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Construction Disputes & Litigation
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Corporate Litigation
- Delaware Chancery Court Litigation
- eDiscovery Services
- Employment Litigation
- Environmental Litigation & Cost Recovery
- Financial Services Litigation
- Negligence and Liability Claims
- Patent Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Surety and Insurance
- Professional Services Litigation
- Trademark Litigation & Brand Enforcement
- Trusts & Estates Litigation, Guardianships and Fiduciary Counseling
- White Collar Litigation