New Jersey — November 10, 2014 — Cole, Schotz, Meisel, Forman & Leonard is pleased to announce that Benchmark Litigation has “highly recommended” the firm’s litigation department, which is the top designation in its annual guide to America’s litigation firms and attorneys. In addition, six of the department’s attorneys were named “litigation stars” and three more were listed as “future stars.”
In its analysis of Cole Schotz, Benchmark Litigation pointed to client feedback stating, “Cole Schotz provides fierce advocacy without charging fierce rates. Their dedication to service and legal expertise are second to none.” Peers added, “Cole Schotz has a good litigation team across the board, but I think they’re really starting to corner the market on bankruptcy matters.”
Benchmark Litigation researchers conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients throughout the year to identify the leading litigators and firms. According to Benchmark Litigation, “highly recommended” firms are regarded as dominant in their particular jurisdiction by peers and clients. The list of “local litigation stars” for each state reflects individuals who were recommended consistently as reputable and effective litigators.
The following New Jersey-based attorneys were recognized as “Local Litigation Stars”:
• Steven R. Klein – Co-chairman of the firm’s Litigation Department
• Leo V. Leyva – Co-chairman of both the Litigation Department and the Real Estate Special Opportunities Group
• Michael S. Meisel – Co-chair of the firm’s Litigation Department and head of its ADR Practice
• Susan M. Usatine – Member of the firm’s Litigation Department and the Founder and Co-chair of the firm’s Information Governance Practice and Discovery Services Practice groups
• Warren A. Usatine – Member of the firm’s Litigation and Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring Departments
• Cameron A. Welch - Member of the firm’s Litigation and Construction Services Departments
Additionally, three attorneys were recognized as “Future Litigation Stars”:
• Joseph Barbiere - Member of the firm’s Litigation Department and Real Estate Special Opportunities Group
• James T. Kim – Member of the firm’s Litigation Department and Real Estate Special Opportunities Group
• Adam J. Sklar – Member of the firm’s Litigation Department and Construction Services Group
About Cole Schotz:
Cole Schotz serves clients nationally throughout the United States with offices in New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Texas. The firm represents hundreds of closely-held businesses and individuals – many for decades – as well as Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 1928, the firm has grown to over 120 attorneys who work in eleven primary areas of practice: Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring; Construction Services; Corporate, Finance & Business Transactions; Employment Law; Environmental Law; Intellectual Property, Litigation; Real Estate; Real Estate Special Opportunities Group; Tax, Trusts & Estates and White Collar Defense & Investigations.