Scott Topolski is a veteran litigator and a member in the firm’s Boca Raton office. He has been practicing for thirty years with a focus on litigation matters including probate disputes, breaches of fiduciary duties, contested guardianship hearings, business disputes involving contracts and unfair competition, construction disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, as well as the defense of ADA lawsuits.
For some, protracted litigation is seen as a strategic option and cost of doing business. For others, however, moving swiftly to the most favorable settlement is the goal. Mr. Topolski understands this and employs the strategy that best meets his client’s needs. Additionally, in Florida, every contested case goes to mediation by rule. As a certified Florida Supreme Court civil mediator and qualified arbitrator, Mr. Topolski has achieved favorable results for clients in arbitration and mediation.
Mr. Topolski has tried numerous cases around the State of Florida involving a variety of matters such as:
• Represented a residential developer in its contract and related claims against a lumber and millwork subcontractor/supplier with respect to the development of five subdivisions in Palm Beach County.
• Represented a factoring company in a matter involving tortious interference with a contract and business relationship.
• Represented a medical doctor who sued his former office administrator for civil theft, conversion and fraud in connection with embezzlement of significant monies from the practice.
• Represented the owner of a condominium in a suit against the condominium association for failure to properly repair and remediate areas within the association’s control and responsibility under the association documents.
• Represented an institutional purchaser of credit card debt in its claim for breach of the credit card agreement, together with related causes of action.
• Represented a drywall subcontractor in a suit against a condominium association for failure to pay for substantial repairs and renovations to property damaged by a hurricane.
• Represented a distributor of health and beauty products for breach of contract and civil theft against defendant.
Scott is also a licensed athlete agent in the State of Florida.
A dedicated member of his community, Mr. Topolski serves as a lector at Our Lady of Lourdes and is a member of the National Association of Settlement Purchasers, the Knights of Columbus, Our Lady of Lourdes, the American Arbitration Association of Arbitrators and Mediators, the Florida Lawyers Network, the Coral Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce, and Board of Directors of the West Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Topolski has lectured extensively on topics such as insurance law, debts and judgments. He earned his J.D. from Rutgers Law School and B.A. in Journalism from Rider University summa cum laude.
Rutgers Law School- Newark, J.D., 1987
Rider University, B.A. Journalism, summa cum laude, 1984
As published in: Restaurant Hospitality September 14, 2018
As published in: Law360 August 31, 2018
As published in: Law360 July 20, 2018
As published in: Corporate Counsel February 23, 2018
As published in: Legaltech News February 22, 2018
Employment Law September 12, 2018Scott J. Topolski
Chain Store Age August 28, 2018Scott J. Topolski
Real Estate & Construction Law August 16, 2018Scott J. Topolski
Real Estate & Construction Law July 16, 2018Scott J. Topolski
Employment Law June 26, 2018Scott J. Topolski
The materials on this site have been prepared by Cole Schotz P.C. for general informational purposes only and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Viewers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel on the specific facts and circumstances in question from an attorney licensed in their jurisdiction. Use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship between the user and Cole Schotz or any lawyer(s) within the firm. Any information sent to Cole Schotz or its lawyers through this site will not be treated as confidential and is not protected by the attorney-client privilege.
© Cole Schotz P.C.
This website is an advertisement for a law firm. Statements and previous outcomes do not imply similar results in your matters.
© Cole Schotz P.C.