Ms. Horowitz concentrates her practice on brownfields redevelopment and regulatory compliance with federal and state environmental laws. With an advanced degree in geology and extensive experience representing clients throughout the nation on a broad range of environmentally related issues, Ms. Horowitz counsels clients on the environmental aspects of real estate and business transactions and the effective cleanup of contaminated soil and groundwater. She also has extensive experience in enforcement and regulatory issues related to air pollution control and hazardous waste management, including the negotiation of complex environmental permits and RCRA closure/corrective action issues.
Ms. Horowitz’s clients range from Fortune Global 500 companies and major residential and commercial developers, to small family-owned businesses and individuals facing challenging environmental concerns. Ms. Horowitz is known for her level of personal commitment to her clients and for having the skill, knowledge, and creativity necessary to solve problems and take advantage of opportunities where they arise.
- Ms. Horowitz has been awarded an AV rating for her professionalism and the quality of her legal work by Martindale-Hubbell, the premier directory of legal professionals.
- Served as Adjunct Instructor in Legal Research and Writing at Seton Hall University in South Orange, NJ.
- Clerked for the Honorable Arlin M. Adams, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Editor-in-Chief of University of Pennsylvania Law Review, 1980-1981; member of the Order of the Coif.
Recent Publications and Presentations
Presenter, “The Nature of Environmental Hazards within a Legal, Regulatory, and Guidance Framework,” The Dangers Within: An Update on Dealing with Environmental Hazards in the Workplace, New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association 10th Annual Full Day CLE Conference, September 21, 2012
Panelist, "Annual Environmental Review," Atlantic Builders Convention, March 28, 2012
Contributing Author, “Commercial Real Estate Transactions in New Jersey: Volume I and II – Chapter 6; Environmental Issues,” New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 3rd edition, 2010
Author, “The Federal-State Relationship Under RCRA,” The RCRA Practice Manual, ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, 2004
Law Blog Articles
- New Jersey Intergenerational Orchestra, Board of Trustees