Cole Schotz recognizes our responsibility to be an exemplary citizen in the community. As an active member of the Northern New Jersey Business Volunteer Council, we participated in several of the Council’s initiatives:
- Books in a Bag – Purchasing books for preschoolers in local Head Start Programs.
- Brown Bag Buddies – Collecting food to support schoolchildren who would not benefit from school lunch programs during the summer months.
- Tools for School - Collecting school supplies for children in northern New Jersey who are homeless, in foster care or are from low-income families.
- All Wrapped Up Holiday Giving Program – Providing food, clothing, toys and store gift cards to local families in an adopt-a-family effort
Among our other community outreach activities:
- Eva’s Kitchen - Preparing and serving food at this Paterson soup kitchen
- Dress for Success - Donating suits and other business clothing to this initiative of Catholic Charities in Newark, which helps low-income individuals make a transition into the workforce
Throughout the year, we offer special support to the Holley Child Care and Development Center, a children’s residential facility in Hackensack serving the needs of children ages 5-12 who, because of their own needs or those of their family, cannot live at home. We host three events annually for the children – a winter festival, a carnival and a Halloween party. And we held an art contest for the children, with the winning design becoming our firm’s annual holiday card.
Cole Schotz’s Community Outreach Committee received a Good Business Award from the Northern New Jersey Business Volunteer Council for its Outstanding Employee Volunteer Corps. The award is presented to the volunteer leadership team that achieves significant impact on company volunteer activities throughout the year. The continued success of Cole Schotz’s community outreach efforts was also recognized by the Bergen County Bar Foundation, which selected Cole Schotz members Randi Kochman and Lori Wolf as recipients of its 2005 Community Service Award. The Community Service Award is awarded to attorneys who made outstanding contributions to the community.